Can Cook, Must Cook

The food adventures of Franka P, a Trinidadian journalist living in London, UK. I'll write about my forays into all types of food and cooking, particularly Caribbean food. I'll also review books and recipes by the leading food writers and talk about the issues making headlines in the gastronomic world.

Monday, August 14, 2006

Another Trini foodie

Today I discovered a great blog from another Trini foodie, Petit Careme, who I assume is a woman!
I found her blog when she made a comment on my last entry so I had a look at her blog and at once became green with envy because she was showing off Crix biscuits and Chee Zees fresh from Trinidad.
I get more envious when I saw the spread she laid on for her friends over the weekend for which included stew chicken - Sylvia Hunt style! Check out
her blog for details.

In another entry, she talked about orange pine ice cream, a dessert she reckons was invented in the Caribbean. And to be honest I have to agree with her because I never see it anywhere else.
As boldface as ever, I asked her for some guidelines, because I wouldn't mind making some orange pine ice cream myself. She said orange pine ice cream is "basically a traditional vanilla custard without the vanilla. And you have to heat the milk with the grated zest of 3 oranges, then strain it. Then after you make the custard add the juice of 3 oranges (which you have reduced to about 0.5 cup) and the grated zest of 1-2 oranges."
I wonder if I could ask for any pointers on oil down, since I planning to make a wicked oil down on Friday!

Food & Drink Blog Top Sites

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home